Cleaning and Sterilization
- After each treatment, rinse the mouthpiece and nebulizer cup in warm water and allow to air dry.
- After the last treatment of the day:
- Wash the mouthpiece and nebulizer cup in warm water and mild dishwashing liquid.
- Rinse thoroughly so no soapy residue remains.
- Shake off excess moisture.
- Place in sterilizing solution and soak for 15 minutes – completely covered (refer to sterilizing solution below).
- Rinse thoroughly with very warm water then let it air dry.
If you are using respiratory therapy equipment in your home, it is very important that it be kept very clean to avoid any chances of a respiratory infection that can be caused by contaminated equipment.
1 part white vinegar to 3 parts water Depending on the amount of equipment that you have to clean, it may be made up in different quantities (2 quarts= 1 pint white vinegar plus 3 pints water). Use the solution for approximately one week then discard.